Tuesday, February 2, 2010

MRI

My condition has worsened, I now have no control over the left side of my face.
Today I went in for an MRI after work and am awaiting the results. The look of surprise on my family doctors face as he observed my condition explained a few things to me. Watching him write note after note while I sat in silence in the overly plush chair, a smile across my face. Life is good... it matters not what negativity dwells there is always the beauty to behold.
I was watching a man who truly cares about his patients take detailed notes for the neurologist and MRI tech that would be dealing with me in only minutes.
Once at the hospital in a neighboring city I was treated with only kindness and efficient motion.
Making sure to thank them for effort I felt a satisfaction in my misfortune. I was able to observe in depth the good will of my fellow human being. Once again I feel incredibly fortunate.

Earlier today I was able to install with a couple of coworkers a house full of windows, then come to my own neighborhood and install a few for a woman I've known most my life. Still capable of achieving things I feel not unfortunate but the swelling of capability. I only now know in a very small way what it is that drives the optimism of those with far more adverse circumstances.
I hope to never again look upon my own with discomfort or depression, life is good. All that needs be done is to live it to the best of ones ability. I am grateful for this experience no matter the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment